Monday, February 16, 2009

An Apple A Day....


Keeps the doctor away, right? What if you're too young to eat apples, then what keeps the doctor away. NOTHING! Today I witnessed one of the most pitiful scenes I have even seen in my entire life as I watched Maddie get her first shots. In a mere 10 seconds time, I watched my daughter go from laughing and talking to the blood pressure machine to crying hysterically. After 30 seconds of having her mouth open with tears streaming down her face, she finally managed to let out the most heart breaking scream I have even heard. She looked up at Lindsey for help, but there was absolutely nothing she could do. Not even the colorful cartoon band-aids placed on either thigh could cheer her up. And to make matters worse, they didn't even give her a dum-dum as a consolation (not that Maddie could have eaten it, but it sure would have been nice to suck on as Lindsey played 20 questions with the doctor). And get this...just before giving her the shots, the doctor actually looked down at my nine week old and told her that this was for her own good. Oh, O.K. If that's the case.....yeah right, are you kidding me! On a positive note, the doctor did tell us that we have a perfectly healthy child that is growing like a weed (she is now nearly 24 inches and 12.7 pounds)!

No comments:

Post a Comment